- A captive portal / login screen / splash page that users are redirected to for authentication and/or payment. The captive portal / splash page sometimes includes the social login buttons.
- A payment option using a credit card, iPass, PayPal, or another payment service (voucher-based Wi-Fi)
- A walled garden feature that allows free access to certain sites
- Service-oriented provisioning to allow for improved revenue
- Data analytics and data capture tools, to analyze and export data from Wi-Fi clients