DMA Radius Manager is a easy to use administration system for Mikrotik, Cisco, StarOS, Chillispot, DD-WRT, pfSense NAS devices and DOCSIS CMTS. It provides centralized authentication, accounting and billing functions.
- RADIUS and DOCSIS account support
- Traffic accounting (RADIUS)
- Prepaid and postpaid billing, invoicing
- Linux mailbox account synchronization
- Supporting multiple NAS, CMTS and AP devices
- Payment tracking
- Financial reports
- Prepaid card system
- Instant Access Service system (IAS)
- Online payment gateway support (PayPal etc.)
- Connection Tracking System (CTS)
- Wireless and DOCSIS signal monitoring
- Account self registration option
- Automatic expired account disconnection (RADIUS, DOCSIS)
DMA Radius Manager screenshots are available.
Basic network diagrams
One of the basic system diagrams is shown on the picture below. Mikrotik device is used as PPP / Hotspot server.
The system consists of the following components:
- Mikrotik PPP / Hotspot server: It controls the Hotspot and PPP sessions, sends authentication requests and accounting information to DMA Radius Manager server. Mikrotik host requires at least two interfaces: WAN for connecting to the Internet and LAN for connecting the clients.
- Linux server: This server hosts the DMA Radius Manager application, MySQL database, WEB server and optionally an email server. Static routing is required between the Mikrotik and Linux hosts due to the naturity of RADIUS packets (UDP). To realize the easiest IP setup configure both servers in the same subnet. With static, public IP address remote NAS devices are also controllable.
Click here for additional network diagrams.
SMS and email alerts
The system can send SMS and email alerts for users if an account is going to expire. External authenticated SMTP servers are also supported. The SMS gateway glue code is fully customizable in a separate PHP module.
Users can register themselves to gain Internet access: user name and mobile number based accounts are supported. Account identity verification is also available (SMS code).
Hotspot login with Instant Access Services (IAS)
With Instant Access Services users can purchase Internet access codes online. IAS payments are realized with the help of online payment gateways (PayPal, Authorize.net, SagePay etc.).
IAS code can be purchased directly on the Hotspot login page as show on the screenshot below:
For unregistered users the following options are available on the Hotspot login page:
Purchase an Instant Access Service
- Register a new account
When a user clicks an Instant Access Service, the system redirects him to the payment page where he can complete the order with Credit Card or PayPal. If the transaction succeeded, Radius Manager will displays and email / SMS the IAS PIN code and password.
New user registration is also available on the Hotspot login page. When a user clicks the “Register an account” link, a registration screen will appear. This form can be completed in 2-3 minutes to register and activate a new account.
Accessing the User Control Panel (UCP) is simple, clicking the direct link available on the Hotspot login page.
The explained functions require a properly configured Mikrotik walled garden.
Prepaid card system
With the integrated prepaid card system DMA Radius Manager is capable for generating and controllingclassic prepaid and refill cards. The PIN code and password length is freely definable in the card generator module. The system supports the following cards:
Classic prepaid cards: used for Hotspot / PPP authentication. The PIN code and password are printed on the card.
- Refill cards: used to refill an account balance, entering the PIN code in UCP.
The system produces press ready, professionaly looking cards in PDF format. Find an example screenshot here or try the online demo.
Connection Tracking System (CTS)
Connection Tracking System (CTS) is a great feature of DMA Radius Manager: with the help of it the administrators can record the IP connections for authenticated users (TCP, UDP). The system stores the following connection details:
- Date and time
- Source IP and port
- Destination IP and port
- Used protocol
The database is fully searchable in Administration Control Panel. The CTS database requires large and fast disks. A typical daily data amount can take 100-500 MB disk space with 200-300 online users.
A recommended CTS system with separate database host is shown on the diagram below:
Connection Tracking System setup (CTS) with separate MySql db host
Linux 1 is the DMA Radius Manager server. It uses an external MySQL CTS database host (Linux 2). Mikrotik 1 is a PPP / Hotspot server with special firewall rule to send the traffic details to Linux 1.
Radius Manager requires a Linux server with Intel compatible CPU (32 or 64 bit). The system has been fully tested on various Linux systems: Fedora Core 5-12, Debian 4+, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu 10-12 with Mikrotik Router OS 2.7 and newer versions. Radius Manager can be installed on almost every Linux system which meets the following requirements:
PHP 5.1 or better
MySQL 5 or better
Glibc 2.4 or better
- CentOS 6.x
- Fedora Core 8-12
- Ubuntu 10-12
- CPU 1.5 GHz+
- 1 GB RAM
- 80 GB HDD or more (fast disks, SATA or SCSI or RAID array)
If your system doesn’t have the correct software components installed, You have to upgrade / install them before installing DMA Radius Manager application.
If You have a non standard Linux system, please contact us first. We’ll install a demo version on your server to be 100% sure your host will work properly later in a live environment.
Radius Manager DOCSIS version is capable for controlling DOCSIS compliant CMTS and cable modem based network.
The system is DHCP based; it manages DHCP server records automatically (CPE and CM entries). The available functions are:
- WEB based account and service management
- Detailed overview of registered cable modems
- Multiple CMTS support
- Data rate control
- Account expiry control; automatically disables the expired accounts
- Postpaid and prepaid service plans
- Connection Tracking System (CTS)
Please note a DHCP based DOCSIS system has no accounting information available: traffic and online time based services are unavailable. Automatic disconnection is available for date capped DOCSIS accounts.
DOCSIS cable modem TFTP boot files are generated automatically. The administrator defines the cable service as a regular RADIUS service. Data rates can be entered directly in the WEB form. The system uses a predefined DOCSIS TFTP boot file template for generating the boot file which is customizable globally or per service.
Radius Manager DOCSIS version supports both routing and bridge mode CMTS devices.
The system has been tested with the most widely used CMTSs: Cisco UBR series, Motorola BSR series,Arris, Juniper etc.